Utah Brewery Map

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Layered Beers

For years, lovers beer have enjoyed a concoction known as a black and tan. A mix of Guiness Stout & Bass Ale. When correctly prepared, the "black" beer mysteriously floats atop the underlying "tan" beer without mixing, distinctively capturing the attributes of both beers in the same glass. Recently, it has become popular to combine beers into new and interesting combonations as people invent their own layered beers.
Nearly as old as the black & Tan is the Half & Half. Made with Guiness' Stout & Harp Lager. Around town I've seen and tried a few interesting combos, such as "The Dirty Hoe". A stack of Hoegaarden Wit and Lindemans Framboise. One of the better combos i've tried is Chocolate Stout mixed with a Raspberry Lambic. I don't know what it's called, but trust me. It's a great pairing. I even came up with one myself, but it seems I was the only one who liked it. I call it 'The Marble Rye'. I ordered a Roggen Rock (Red Rock's Rye) stacked with Guiness. Mmm... Beerlicious. If you've got a fav tell us about it, or if you've got real fucked up sence of taste, toss it out there for laughs and ridicule. Slainte.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok Here is one for you to try, And I want you to taste it before comment... head on over to the IGGY's near you and try a Guiness over their red whatever. this combo hits a tremendous home run for us bench warmers.

Mikey said...

Sounds tasty, I'm overdue for Iggy's stop anyway. Is it the Crimson Red you had?