Utah Brewery Map

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Michelob Goes Old School

Anheuser-Busch is rumoured to be revising the formulas of its Michelob line. Beginning soon, Michelob and Michelob Amber, and I guess, Michelob Light will be 100 barley malt. No adjuncts. When the Michelob brand was introduced back in 1896 it was a 100 percent barley-malt pilsner.
In 1961 the brand was reintroduced as one of A-B's "higher tiered" beers. Back in the late eighties when I was just a burgeoning, beer twit. I looked to Michelob for to help me expand my beer palate. Don't laugh, Michelob Dark was my first attempt in getting away from ordinary beer. It was dark and cost more dinero. I was living the dream baby!!! If the rumors are true we should be seeing it in the next few months. Also, if you've tried it, give us the skinny.
Cheers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I love that old bottle. I hope that all malt version doesn't suck.

Unknown said...

Bring back the old-school Mikkalo I love the taste