Utah Brewery Map

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Unibroue Édition 2005 still alive & well in SLC

Generally; when a fine, limited edition beer comes along they tend to disappear before you ever knew they were around. This is not the case with Unibroue's Édition 2005. I don't know how or why, but for some reason there are still quite a few of bottles of this remarkable ale floating around the "SLC". If you find yourself downtown near the the Wine Store, grab a few if you can.


The 2005 comes in a handsome 750 ml. bomber with a wire cage and a cork. Pours a cloudy reddish brown with three fingers of foam. The nose is spicy, with flowers, yeast, fig and sweet malts. The taste started simple with sweet red apple and spicy doughy cinnamon. Dark Rum and raisin come next with herbal hops rounding out the finish. Everything balanced out nicely. The alcohol is well hidden, which improves it's drinkability nicely.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've seen quite a few at the Foothill Liquor Store. I'm not sure if they're still up there, but I stocked up last time I went.

Great beer, and a great liquor store too! They let me bring my big old pooch in there all the time. Charlie loves those folks.

Mikey said...

I'm on my way!