Utah Brewery Map

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Eighth beer o' Xmas '08: RedRock's Griswald's Holiday Ale

When me thinks of the words Griswald and Holidays usually the first thing that pops into my tiny mind is the movie Nation Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and that great shower scene with Beverly De Angelo. Secondly, I remember that the shower scene in question actually happened in the movie National Lampoon "Vacation". Then thirdly, I become sad for a moment, then I go back to imagining the shower scene.

Well much to my wife's delight I now have an additional image to occupy the vacuum that is my mind when those two words are uttered together. So on this, the 20th of December 2008, The Eighth Beer o' Xmas that the Beer Lush pushed on thee is Griswald's Holiday Ale from RedRock.

Pours a clear golden amber color with a thin cap of foam. The nose is mostly of nutmeg and cloves with touch of maltiness beneath. The taste starts out with malty then the spices kick in. Nutmeg and Clove are very pronounced then transitions into a Cinnamon spiciness. The finish is bright and piney. This bitch screams Hallelujah! Jebus I'm coming home! Available on tap at Redock's SLC and Park City Locations as well as the Bayou until Christmas. De Angelo!

No comments: