Utah Brewery Map

Friday, December 05, 2008

Repeal Day!

Today marks 75 years since Prohibition was officially repealed in the United States with the ratification of the 21st Amendment to the Constitution. On December 5, 1933, a 3/4 majority of states needed to ratify the 21st Amendment was reached when Utah adopted the 21st Amendment. It not only officially ended national Prohibition which began with the 18th Amendment in 1919.

Today American consumers of legal drinking age have access to nearly 13,000 labels of beer from small regional microbrews to the largest multinational labels. I'd say we've rebounded quite well. Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jacob said...

Hey, this post spawned my post for yesterday, but now I'm insanely curious why the previous post was deleted.

That's not why I'm commenting, though. I accepted a meme tag so I didn't break my blogging streak and I'm obligated to tag others for accepting thing. If you're interested, check out my post and follow the instructions.