Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Detente with Beer

Three guys go into the White House and get a beer... Have you heard this Joke??? Well my friends it's no Joke. This is how detente works in the Obama administration. And I like it!

A couple weeks ago a Harvard professor was arrested for "being black while at home". The President commented on it, feelings were hurt, panties became "all bunched up " nation-wide and now the healing begins.

The president is now taking time away from more important things like war and health care to heal boo-boo's over a beer or two in the White House.

My question to you is this. What beer do you serve?



Douglas said...

Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. It's strong and from Chicago.

Carlos said...

Unfortunately there's this:

If it were me, I'd probably go with something American and drinkable. Given the invitees are probably not craft beer drinkers (at least not that I heard of) I think the beer should be easy drinking, have a light-ish mouthfeel, and not be super powerful in flavor.

So, I gotta disagree with Douglas's choice, even though that is a spectacular beer that I miss greatly. I think a lager is a good idea.

Mikey said...

I'm going with Avery's "Collaboration Not Litigation Ale". I think it says it all.

dj said...

Pinky DOWN Mr. President!

Carlos said...

This is gettin' intense!