Utah Brewery Map

Friday, March 01, 2013

New Beer Friday 3/1/13


These quietly slipped in the other week, one is completely new to the market.



Portland Brewing Rose Hip: Pours a bright golden color with a thin cap of head. The nose is of roses and cereal The taste starts with dry with spicy esters and a touch of citrus. An earthy/bready base comes next with the florals and grass rounding out the end.Kinda saison-esque. @ DABC


Full Sail Pale Bock: Pours a clear gold with a short, fizzy white head. the nose is sweet malt, honey, fruit notes and grassy. Taste is slightly bitter grassy notes with grains, fruit notes, sweet malt, a touch of honey and biscuit. Body is medium and crisp with a slight fizzy carbonation. Soft dryness as well. Ends with more caramel, honey, sweet malt, grains, grassy hops and soft bitter hops. @DABC

Cheers!

6 comments:

Douglas said...

Locations? Any sightings?

Unknown said...

Avenues Liquor store carries the Portland Rosehip.

Dallas said...

Saison Brett and rye-on-rye are available at the 3rd West store.

Unknown said...

Rose Hip is also avail at the 3rd W store. (picked one up last week, delicious!)

D-Dub said...

makes me think of a rose hip beer I had at Widmer. I didn't care for it, but I loved the name: Rose City Hipster.

D-Dub said...

makes me think of a rose hip beer I had at Widmer. I didn't care for it, but I loved the name: Rose City Hipster.