Utah Brewery Map

Friday, October 02, 2009

Sap and Whiskey

I just spent last night watching a shload of sappy medical dramas filled with earnest, modern adult contemporary music; guaranteed send you strait into a diabetic coma!

My options are limited here. I either drink whiskey to heal from it - or I talk about. Its now 5am.. I guess I'm gunna have to talk about it.

So Damn-it, if I want to talk whiskey I'm gunna!

David Perkins at the High West Distillery in Park City got his hands on some 12 year old straight rye whiskey and 10 year old straight bourbon whiskey and has combined them to make one blended whiskey. He’s calling “Bourye”. Get it??? “bourbon” and “rye”.

The bourbon is a 10-year-old made
with 75% corn, 15% rye & 10% barley malt. The rye is a straight 12-year-old 95% rye, with 5% barley malt.

Should be available in the coming weeks. Sound pretty yummy!
Just the cure to get the Thursday-night sap out of your arteries. No offence to Mrs. Mikey.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Zach said...

I can't wait to try this!!

I AM Andy said...

I would just like to say that I fully condone, support, and anticipate you including local whiskey posts on your blog. We're keeping it local, and keeping it ethanol, and keeping it classy.

james dumas said...

mike-
thanks for the press. please provide contact info. We'd love to give you a sneak peak tour. james@highwest.com